Everyone's favorite southwestern stew gets a makeover with farro instead of ground meat.
Need Farro? Buy On Amazon »
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-3 (to taste) jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15oz)
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (15oz)
- 1 can kidney beans (15oz)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, sautee the onion and peppers in the oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the farro, lentils, tomatoes, beans, water and salt.
- Cook until the farro and lentils are tender, 30-60 minutes.